Subject: [Leica] Re: 35 1.4 vs 2.0
From: "Wesley Loh" <lohkarwai@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 22:21:24 -0000

Hello John,

>If the hood bothers you, why not take it off? Personally I do >not "see"
>the hood when I look through the viewfinder, my brain seems >to ignore it.
>Look here for a NG photographer who uses the 35/1.4 Asph >lens without the
>hood:
>http://dirckhalstead.org/issue9910/cubaintro.htm

Thanks for the information, I have read the article, it's inspiring. I like
the hood on mainly for one reason, it absorbs bumps. My hood on the 2.0 did
look slightly bruised after a while. I did my first shoot with the 1.4
without the hood, will try it on with the hood for the next one to see if it
really affects my concentration.

Kind regards
Wesley