Subject: Re: Body focus was [Leica] RE: Cosina still at it
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:40:45 -0600

Dante

>>- -- Fourth, your LTM adapter can be out of tolerance, or it can be worn.
Self-explanatory.<<

How can an LTM adaptor affect focus? Focus is determined by the movable part
of the lens contacting the rangefinder cam. The movable internal lens
mechanism is independent of the outer barrel. If the back plane is moved, or
the rangefinder (cam) is out of adjustment, or the base of the internal lens
mechanism is worn; I can see how these might affect focus. But the front
mount (i.e. an LTM adaptor) would have to be noticably messed up (at an
angle vs out of tolerance) for it to affect focus. Just wondering if I
missing something.

Dave