Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: kids? leica? a stern reprimand from the PLUG
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 20:41:58 -0500

> the real goal is to discover something about the world. If you don't, your
> pictures will be worthless except as records anyway. whatever
> camera is your best research tool is the one to use.
> --
> John Brownlow

As usual, John, I couldn't agree more.  It's not about some artifact that's
a "result"--it's about _seeing_, which is always fresh and of the moment.
To really see is to be open to something new, the possibility for discovery.

I taught English (writing and literature) for many years, and I used to tell
my students that if they didn't enjoy writing their papers, chances were
good I wouldn't enjoy reading them.  Joy is a natural consequence of being
fully attentive to the process (journey), which is alive this very moment.
Results are fragments of the past, no longer seen but known, and thus (to
borrow from Hamlet) weary, stale, flat and unprofitable.

Dan