Subject: [Leica] OT Blueprinting
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:07:56 -0000

Jo,
I have always thought of 'blueprints' as technical drawings (produced by
the diazo process) for mechanical (and other) projects, but am aware of the
phrase 'blueprinting' an engine which seems (to me) to have be used along
the same terms as 'gas-flowing', ie. creating a more aerodynamic
environment for the fuel and exhaust routes.
Please could you explain exactly what 'blueprinting an engine' is and if
you've any knowledge of how that phrase came to be used?

regards,
Jem