Subject: [Leica] The tripod socket on M6 TTL
From: "M V" <m6phile@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 18:56:42 -0000

Hi folks,

As a new user of a Leica M6 TTL, I am a little baffled by the tripod socket
being off to a side on the M6. I realize that most M6 users shoot handheld
(as I did, on my recent trip to India, and the slides look awesome!) but I
am used to an SLR + tripod, and would occasionaly like to use a tripod with
the M6. Does the offset socket cause stabilty problems, especially with
vertical compositions? I am planning to use a light weight tripod with a
ball head.

Regards