Subject: Re: [Leica] Rapidwinder/grip
From: Jiri_Dvorak@idx.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:52:15 -0800

>Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:07:06 -0800
>From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Rapidwinder/grip
>
>Hi Jiri,
>Old one eye here, left eyed only with RapidWinder and RapidGrip on all M6's.
I'm >not sure what you mean with the wind lever pointing down? But I have no
problem >shooting left eyed verticals. It doesn't matter which way I hold the
camera.

>Do you mean when the shutter release is held in the down position by bending
the
>right wrist and grip is to the bottom? If this is what you mean, may I.  This
is a

>ted

Hi Ted,

what I mean is, that I while I hold the camera vertically, using my left eye to
compose, the left hand grips the bottom of the camera that is now on the left
side, the right side of the camera, where the shutter release is, points down,
supported by the right hand. The reason for this is so that I can adjust the
focus with my right index finger in the vertical position (my right thumb
releases the shutter).  It might sound strange, but it works for me :-), but
only with the lenses that have the focusing lever.

So I was trying to figure out if I could use the RapidWinder in this position. I
guess the best would be to try it out. Maybe I'll run into someone with the
RapidWinder soon :-).

Thanks.

Jiri