Subject: [Leica] for the record - it wasn't kyle who came up with the PAW idea
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 15:33:12 -0500 (EST)

someone asked:

>> The PAW concept is quite challenging. Who thought up the idea. Was it
>> you, Kyle?
>
>Wasn't it Ted who came up with a PAD (picture-a-day) idea at the
>end of '99 to capture the year 2000? Who modified it to PAW?

it wasn't me. i don't recall who first mentioned it, but there was a big
discussion about it on the LUG end of 1999 ways. a bunch of people, i
recall, said they were interested in doing it. i just jumped on the
bandwagon.

although, i will mention that fantastic book, published in its entirity in
national geographic about 3 years ago, where some wildlife photographer
really did a picture a day for a year, but the only took ONE FRAME a day.
and they're all spectacular. someone will recall the name of the book and
we should all go out and buy it. i think he was using an EOS, but we'll
forgive him.

kc

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Chased By The Light by Jim Brandenburg)
Reply from Shan <shan@montana.net> ([Leica] PAW, PAD etc.)