Subject: [Leica] Leica IIIf dim rangefinder
From: Hailu Shack <howdy@global.california.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 21:17:08 -0800

Hello,

I have a Leica IIIf (w/black synchro dial).

Here is my problem:  Some internal element(s) of the rangefinder make the
image dim; not sharply contratsty.  I know that it is something internal
because I have cleaned the external glass without appreciable effect.

I have see a couple of postings on this board relating to the repairability
of M2/M3 rangefinders.  However, when I took my IIIf to Adolph Gasser in San
Francisco [I'm Bay Area] I was told that the internal rangefinder mechanisms
really could not be repaired and that I should just leave it.

Problem is, that I don't want to have to buy another IIIf.

Can you offer suggestions.

Any illumination would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hailu