Subject: Re: [Leica] New System
From: "robmellor" <robmellor@onetel.net.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 19:19:17 -0000

Hello all, I have just started out on the Lecia experience and have been on
the list a month or so and am very impressed so far.

Not to many flames and a wealth of info and generally nice people it seams.
I love the PAW as it help see what photos members are taking.

I am fairly experienced Canon user and have a half decent system the Lecia
system is to complement not replace the Canon,
the Canon is great for sport, wild life, and defiantly my fast moving three
year old (similar thread going on this subject which I am following
closely).

The reason for the move to Lecia was reduced size, quality of the lenses,
basic operation (leaving thought process for picture), all manual capable.

I very nearly bought a Bessa R system due to IMHO much better view finder
and better value for money ??? however I have been caught out before buying
second best and loosing a lot of money to change up later.

My question is I have the M6 TTL and 50 f 2 Summicron, and want to know what
lenses to go for next. I am thinking of 28 mm an 90 mm. My main use for the
system will be landscape , often landscape grab shots from the car or just
off the road hence the 90 mm. And my favourite Canon lens is the 17-35 for
walking around town and cities.

I am in no hurry to buy just any lens and am prepared to save for the
best/right combination.

Any advice would be much appreciated, I can be contacted at
robmellor@onetel.net.uk

Regards Rob
Manchester England