Subject: Re: [Leica] Yasuhara T-981
From: Maciver2@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 20:52:49 EST

In a message dated 1/22/2001 5:39:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
howard.390@osu.edu writes:

<< No, that's not it (provided this is supposed to be the answer to my
question
 about the Japanese art of the design of non-functional objects -- useless
 innovation).  It was a word that started with 'C', I'm pretty sure.

well, "suki" is a playful design style that focuses on pointless details...is
that what you mean? I still think that "wabi-Sabi" can fit the bill. MacIver