Subject: RE: [Leica] PAW week 4
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:30:38 -0000

Thanks John,

I'm still exploring scanning permutations (e.g. to sharpen or not to
sharpen) and resizing etc. and not at all happy with the quality of picture
on screen.
It seems I get these lines (like the old 405 line TV) when I resize the
file to anything other than a straight division by two, is that
interpolation?
I hope to be the proud owner of a neg. scanner soon and will endeavour to
get better results from that. My present flat bed scanner is very automatic
and allows very little adjustment, maybe that's 'a good thing'. But
occasionally I wonder if a different scan would have given more separation
in the shadows etc.

Jem