Subject: Re: [Leica] Martin's timer
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 16:39:44 -0500

RP Johnson jotted down the following:

> After the long, sometimes serious, thread on Martin's quest for a "no-hands"
> or "one-hand" timer, he said that he had found what he was looking for.  Did
> I miss the message as to what he finally came up with?

Well, I first bought an alarm clock with a white dial and a second hand from
ACE Hardware.  It ticks rather loudly, so by placing it on a hard surface
(that amplified the ticks even more) I could count ticks and that worked
rather well.  I even managed to dodge and burn using that technique.

Then, a LUGGER answered my request for a simple timer with an offer I
couldn't refuse: An old EPOI enlarger timer for $30.  I bought it and am
very pleased with it.  It even has fancy things like an outlet for the
safelight -- which gets automatically switched off when the focus is on or
when the timer is running.  It's not digital, but for $30, I'm not about to
complain.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | "Close doesn't shoot any rabbit"
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |                     -- Swedish idiom