Subject: [Leica] Re: Canon 135f3.5
From: Mike Stoesz <mstoesz@wyoming.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:43:29 -0700

Doug Cooper asked:  has anyone used a 135 f/3.5 Canon on M-3?

Doug and all: I have both versions of the 135f3.5,  (Chrome and later
Black/Chrome).
I have mostly used them on Canon VI with 135 brightline finder and upon
occasion on a Leica IIIa with 135 chrome tube type finder with parallex
adjustment.

In both cases I find the lenses fine, sharp, no distracting  OOF
elements, but framing has been difficult to say the least.  I need to
practice more or use these lenses for more distant scenes.  I will try
both on my Canon 7s when I get it back from John Van Stelton.

OTOH: I love the 100mm f/3.5 black/chrome. Very svelt, sharp, light,
delightful to use with a small chrome finder on Leica IIIa or on Canon
VI which has a 100mm finder within the 50mm frame.  For longer lenses,
the Canon finder on the VI and 7 is great, much larger area covered by
100 and 135 compared to the Leica finder.  My favorite combination to
pick-up-&-go in the Canon line is the P body and 35f1.8 & 100f3.5.

The Canon 135 lenses are large and relatively heavy, especially the
Chrome model.
A good exercise routine is to go walking at a fast pace with the Chrome
85f1.9 in one hand and the 135f3.5 in the other.  Or just sit in the
easy chair and hold these at arms length for a while.

Best to all, Mike