Subject: Re: [Leica] New Leica Screw Mount Lenses
From: "William Larsen" <ohlen@sierratel.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:34:17 -0800

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Rolf Katzenstein <rgk@farmington.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 6:27 PM
Subject: [Leica] New Leica Screw Mount Lenses

> Is there any difference in performance between a current
Leica M 1.4
> Summilux or 2.0 Summicron and a current screwmount with an
M adapter? Is an
> original Leica screw to M adapter more desireable than a
new Voightlander?
> Are mint Leica screw to M adapters available? Thanks for
you responses.

It is the same lens...just one is an M-mount and one is a
screw mount.

All the screw to M adaptor does is to change the
registration of the lens by 1mm.  As long as the adaptor is
machined properly, there will be no problem.  I don't have
any Leica adaptors.  If you get an aftermarket adapter, try
to make sure that the lens ends up centered (you might have
to try several adaptors to find one just right).