Subject: Re: [Leica] Handling Photo Critique (was: More PAW's question re comments asked for.)
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:59:26 -0500

Alastair Firkin jotted down the following:

> I agree that this could work, but it will sit in batched e-Mails, and
> in digests, and it is difficult to review what others are saying, or
> indeed catch up with the debate at a later time. There is no real
> record or thread, and you still have to visit multiple sites to
> review the latest postings.

OK, maybe someone should look into Phil Greenspun's "Loquatious" that he
uses for posting comments on the photo.net site.

If you click on the "Photo of the Week" link on the first page of
http://www.photo.net/ you'll see an example that could work.  The layout is
*much* better in my opinion: no distracting background, plenty of space
between components, and the ability to add comments.  Also, I like the idea
that all comments are on a single page: much better and easier to deal with
than a threaded presentation.  But I think we could loose the caption,
statistics, etc., the voting mechanism for aesthetics/originality, and the
bit about model releases.

From what I've read about Loquatious, it can be used on other sites too.
Read more at:

    http://philip.greenspun.com/wtr/dead-trees/53014.htm

(Scroll down to "But What about Comments?".)

M.

- --
Martin Howard                 | Super Cali goes ballistic, Celtics are
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU   | atrocious.
email: howard.390@osu.edu     |       -- British sports headline.

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au> (Re: [Leica] Handling Photo Critique (was: More PAW's question re comments asked for.))
Reply from Satoshi Oka <lug@dmakos.com> (Re: [Leica] Handling Photo Critique (was: More PAW's question recomments asked for.))