Subject: Re: [Leica] Shudder-bug
From: Maciver2@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 22:24:40 EST

With respect to Jim Brick's posting re Bob Shell, I thought you might like to
read Bob's response, since he's not on this list:

"
I'm not on the LUG and don't have time for more lists.  The story as he
tells
it is correct.  I was told these lenses had a "simplified" coating which was
not the same as the T* used on the other lenses.  I have witnesses to the
statement being made by a Zeiss spokesman.  He did say it, and I quoted it
in good faith.  If he was wrong, then he should admit it, but he stands by
his statement.  Since I have not been to the factory to independently verify
what the coating is, I have bowed out of this one.

Bob  "