Subject: Re: [Leica] One of those annoying "Which would you choose"posts....
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 12:25:09 -0800

Pascal wrote:

> On 25-01-2001 14:47, Alastair Firkin wrote:
>
> > I too had the "fat" mac 512k
> >with an external floppy ;-)
>
> that was my first (at that time time, secondhand) Mac as well... but it
> was upgraded to 1 MB RAM which was considered huge in those days
> (certainly compared to the competition).
> It's amazing how quickly time passes.

I've still got my first SE with the "internal hard drive option" which thy said
i'd need so i could run Pagemaker.
The program which saved the Mac but now lies deserted but i still use.

A year later i coughed up a grand to double the ram from one to two megabytes!

The G4 I'm typing into now cost about the same with 500 megabytes.

And if i try to sell it to a foreign national tanks will surround my house!!!

Mark (Digitally enabled) Rabiner
Portland, Oregon
USA

updated temporary Website by "Foxy": http://spokenword.to/rabiner/
(consisting of late night E-mail descriptions of photos)