Subject: [Leica] Re: Tilley Two; The Cult Following
From: "Dave Fisher" <tekapo@golden.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:53:17 -0500

> From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Leica] Re: Tilley Two; The Cult Following

> I didn't realize there was a Tilley fetish associated with Leica
> ownership!  I had been thinking I needed one, and mentioned it as a
> Christmas gift idea to relatives who asked.  (Didn't get one, though.)
> I noticed that there are several styles available, aside from color
> choice.  Any compelling reason to go with one over another aside from
> individual fashion tastes?

The thread that will not die has gone beyond embarrassing. Bags, shoes,
hats... what's next -- toilet paper comfort comparisons for the
discriminating Leica user?!? As far as fashion is concerned, all I know is
that I've witnessed bush pilots in northern Alberta and BC scorning anyone
wearing a Tilley hat. They see them coming from a quarter-mile away and the
sparks flying from the abuse under their breath is enough to ignite a
rocket. Personally, I always thought they looked good for squirrel hunting,
but that's about it. Buy a Fedora. If you get laughed off a plane in
northern Canada wearing a Tilley hat, that's all the fashion commentary you
need.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Tilley Two; The Cult Following)
Reply from "Wilber Jeffcoat" <wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Tilley Two; The Cult Following)