Subject: [Leica] Re: 90mm Elmar, three vs. four elements
From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 19:12:04 +0100

I think I have one, but I am not shure: scalloped focussing barrel,
evenly aperture click stops, #2124856 (made 1965, according to the list
in Laney's book), but definietly with rotating lens mount and it sticks
just a little bit at both ends of the focussing range. And my sample
absolutely looks like the one shown in Laney's book! I however can not
compare it to an other Elmar 90 and I don't use it much. What is the
approximate value? Lenses are clean, but the barrel has some minor signs
of use. Laney says at the time it was only 10% cheaper (list price) than
the 2.8 which consequently limted demand.

Hans-Peter

Replies: Reply from "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au> (Re: [Leica] Re: 90mm Elmar, three vs. four elements)