Subject: RE: [Leica] Was Tilley now - Toilet Paper - The Last Step
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:52:55 -0700

I find I have a nostalgic yearning for the shiny, almost un-tearable stuff
we used to have in the Army, with W^D  (War department) printed on every
sheet

(presumably to prevent theft... also of note, the "War Department' had
changed it's name to Ministry of Defence at least 15 years or so earlier,
which made one wonder just how big their stock of this stuff was? Each
package was dated and some still came from WWII - and this was in 1979!)

The stuff doubled well for wrapping sandwiches (though not the "medicated"
version), or sealing sucking chest, due to it's resemblance to grease-proof
paper. However, this property also led to it being at times more effective
at smearing rather than cleaning  :)

Tim A

Replies: Reply from "Wilber Jeffcoat" <wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com> (Re: [Leica] Was Tilley now - Toilet Paper - The Last Step)