Subject: Re: [Leica] dear god - do NOT photograph your child's birth!
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@telalink.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:34:43 -0600

>From: "Kyle Cassidy" <cassidy@netaxs.com>

>> neither does your wife. hold her hand and give her some encouragement and
>> cut the umbillical cord if you have to, but don't photograph it. some
>> things are better left a private mystery.<<<<<<<<<
>
>Hi Kyle,
>
>This is utter tripe and take it from a guy who has shot roughly 200
>birthings and all the pictures are family oriented and not likely the "in
>your face crotch" images on the movie reel you experienced as a student!

Absolutely positively for sure you want pictures of your children's birth!
I have the two rolls of HP5 I shot in 1977 and the contacts and some
prints. And lately I've scanned them. Its great to look back on this kind
of event.

My favorite picture ever is the one I showed earlier on in this thread.
Its just OK as a photograph but its still the dearest to me.
Poppin' fresh baby!

I didn't miss a thing because of the camera. Mom's doing all the work and
there's not a whole lot you can do. So make some pictures!!!!!!

I've got him being checked, weighed, measured, cleaned, wrapped up - the
whole thing all the way through to the nursery.

If you don't have the stomach have someone else do it.
Just make sure you do it.

Henry Ambrose