Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Mephistos; The ending
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 12:45:23 -0800

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> Brougham wrote:
> >
> > Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
> >
> > > The ones advertised in the states are well over $200, but I got mine
> > > in France for less than half that.
> >
> > Are they worth well over $200 to you?  That is, if you were buying a
> > new pair today at that price, would you?
>
> Wait, put it another way....Those of us on this list are paying about
> $1800 for a little metal box with a rangefinder in it and we question
> $220 shoes? Or, even more to the point, some of us pay $400-600 for
> 60-year-old LTM bodies and we question the price of a pair of
> comfortable shoes? Pardon me while I try to refocus my screen...:-)
>
> B. D.

I'd pay $1800 for shoes if they could be resoled.
What could be more important than shoes?
I heard if your feet are warm and your head is warm you could be naked and still
be just fine...
with you Leica around you neck that is...

mark rabiner

Replies: Reply from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Mephistos; The ending)
Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Mephistos; The ending)