Subject: [Leica] Frankenstein's Leica [was: black M2 on ebay]
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 10:40:54 -0800

>Hello Horac,
>
>Its seems to me that the back door comes from an old M3! I've never seen
>such a back door on a M2!

I don't know where that back door comes from, but I really like the idea
that if your rather rare original black paint M2 has a back door that's
slightly less than perfect, you just find another back door of the same
type and put it on. Then you can exclaim, just like V. Frankenstein when
his monster came to life: "Now I know what it feels like to be God!"

Guy Bennett
Los Angeles