Subject: Re: [Leica] Long M Lenses
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 14:17:54 -0500

At 11:20 PM 1/28/2001 +1100, A.H.SCHMIDT wrote:
>Hallo Marc. I didn't know, that there is a 2Xtele converter made by FED. I
do have the
>Comura, with quite a mediocre adjustable viewfinder. I haven't used the
tele converter
>yet, but I don't think optically the  reviews are to good. Mechanically it
is well
>made  Is the FED converter any better optically? Do you know?

Well, I have one of the FED tele-converters and use it occasionally with a
2/85 Jupiter-9 or 2/8.5cm CZJ Tessar T.  It is pretty good optically,
better, in my estimation, than the Komura, though I believe a couple of
folks on the LUG have and like the Komura converter.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!