Subject: RE: [Leica] black M2 on ebay
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 16:44:47 -0800

There are more than 1 engraving tool that Leica made, and sold off..... I
heard that at least 1 went to Japan.... Given a blank top plate, and a
standard M2 and some skill at painting cameras, you too can own a black
paint M2 with M3 back door and black, greeen, red, or purple strap lugs.....

For $5K I would engrave the number by hand, and not charge extra!

A story for those of you that use DAG for repair.....

I met Mr, Goldberg ( I assume it was the same person as the guy I met also
reparied cameras) years ago at the Pasadena or Riverside camera show.....he
was custom gold plating cameras..... I could have a Contax IIIA made in
gleaming gold paint.....he did Minox and maybe another camera or 2, and
especially Leicas.....I don;t think he does this anymore, but the next time
you want a real knock out camera, ask him......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net