Subject: [Leica] on being photographed with a leica
From: Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow <laintal@tin.it>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 08:19:26 +0100

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Bill Pierce in his "nuts and
> bolts"http://dirckhalstead.org/issue9801/nutsandbolts9801.htm
> says:
>
> It's not that people don't know they are being photographed when you use a
> Leica.
> It's just that they are not constantly being reminded.
>
> mark rabiner

Also helps a lot if you don't have a twinkie light on top! otherwise
talk about a constant reminder!

Dennis

Even that goes pretty quickly, if you're doing more than two or three
shots. I've done plenty of "candid" photography using flash. But what
_really_ obtrudes and in my experience enrages the subject, is a UV filter.
They just can't stop looking at it and commenting, and often get quite
abusive.

Rob.