Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: What makes a good photo, comment to Alastair's
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 18:26:05 +1100

>On 27 Jan 2001, at 23:44, firkin@netconnect.com.au wrote:
>
>>   The sad thing for me is that I've fought against my
>>  "style" for years ;-)
>
>Can you expand on this? Why have you fought it - because it didn't
>look like what you've seen published or on gallery walls? Seems
>like experience of other work might be synthesized into your own
>style - used as aides to grow from your own roots.

Tim,

I expanded in an e-Mail to Ted and Jem. My style was sloppy fast
work, well suited to parties and other gatherings associated with
alcohol and University, and I would like to buckle down a bit more
and improve the quality control aspects and background knowledge in
Photography. I may be fighting a losing battle, but I'm not going to
many parties any more, so I'll soon run out of subjects ;-) Time is
the biggest enemy of the amateur.

Cheers
- --
Alastair Firkin