Subject: Re: [Leica] @#&$$& Watermarks!!
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 19:40:01 -0500

Squeegee, Martin.   Get something called a SAMI from a sports/swimming
store.  It is one of those miracle super-absorbant materials that will suck
the moisture from your film without scratching it.  It is very smooth and
soft and will not scratch unless you get some kind of trash on it.  Be sure
that you only use a drop or two of PhotoFlo.  Wipe the film very gently
from top to bottom with the SAMI.  Hang to dry in a dust-free room.

Hope this helps!

Tina

At 06:11 PM 1/29/01 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm sick and **** tired of watermarks on my negs.  I use a condenser
>enlarger and the crap just shows up in every print.  AFAIK, I'm using every
>trick in the book when I process my film:
>
>     1: All solutions are mixed with distilled water
>     2: Final rinse wash in in distilled water
>     3: Small amount of PhotoFlo added to final wash
>     4: Negs hung up to dry, not squegeed
>
>How do I avoid getting the damn things on my negs in the future?
>
>M.
>
>--
>Martin Howard                     | "My movies were the kind they show in
>Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | prisons and airplanes, because nobody
>email: howard.390@osu.edu         | can leave."  -- Burt Reynolds

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com