Subject: [Leica] Re: 28mm finders
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@dysmedia.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 20:03:49 -0500

>If I was using a 28 I would NOT use an external finder. I'd just focus
>and shoot whats in the camera finder, framing the picture with the whole
>finder window. I doubt I'd miss much.

That was my initial thought, if I'd picked up an M2.  On the M3, however,
it's not an option.  (That said, does the outside frame of the M3
approximate 35mm?)

I have been guesstimating the 135mm frame on my M3, as it's a double stroke
without the frame preview and I don't have the proper LTM adapter yet.  I'll
be interested to see how this works out.  Did a series of bullseye shots
from the shortest focus point to infinite, to find out whether parallax is
going to prove a problem.

Thanks for all the responses regarding the 28mm finder.  I may just keep the
Konica and buy a Voigtlander finder.  I'm considering doing the same with my
75mm, although I think parallax *would* be a serious problem there.

cheers,

Douglas Cooper
http://www.dysmedia.com

Replies: Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> ([Leica] New Leica viewfinder 21/28/24)