Subject: Re: [Leica] @#&$$& Watermarks!!
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 22:04:31 -0500

Johnny Deadman jotted down the following:

> They MASSIVELY overstate the amount you need. Change their ml amounts to
> drops and you still have too much!!! No wonder you have drying marks!!

Ugh!  I tell you something else they (Kodak) do: They put Selenium Toner in
a bottle that looks identical to (but is fractionally taller than) the
Photo-Flo bottle.  Limited cupboard space leads to the two shuffling
together, followed by a scream that froze the water in the mains pipes as I
discovered one time what I'd just poured over my newly developed negs.

They now have colour coded tape smothered over the caps.

Another thing I've never understood about Photo-Flo: are you supposed to
swish the stuff around in the water (without the reels in it) to mix the
solution properly first, or is it sufficient to have three drops on the
surface?

M.

- --
Martin Howard                 | "We can't make mistakes like that on our
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU   |  own. We need computers to help us."
email: howard.390@osu.edu     |     -- A pharmacologist on computerization

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] @#&$$& Watermarks!!)
Reply from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] @#&$$& Watermarks!!)