Subject: RE: [Leica] Arlington National Cemetery "issues"
From: "Zeissler, Mitch" <mzeissle@gcipoa.gannett.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 08:34:20 -0500

Simon...

Having lived in this region since the mid-1970s, I was equally surprised to
hear it was an "active" military facility.

My friend related to me, as we walked back to the office, that he was
quietly told off the record by his last questioner that the guy who went
ballistic on us was a fresh newbie who had overreacted in trying to impress
his superiors.  I didn't hear any of this from the crowd that talked to me.

Apparently the new guards have that sort of reaction pretty frequently and
their superiors have to tone them down so they don't scare the tourists.  I
can't imagine what would have happened if either of us had had a heart
condition.  However, we did keep our film and cameras, and weren't jailed or
denied future entrance to ANC, so it was a decent end to the incident.

/Mitch Zeissler