Subject: Re: [Leica] FW: Sam Abell's Leica cameras?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:19:19 -0500

goldman@math.umn.edu wrote:

> Wilbur; You wrote that   "I know at one
> time the Nat. Geo was all Leica as were a lot of the national Newspapers."
>         Do you have a source for this.  I thought they were all Nikon as
> that is what most of their people used, and that Leica people like Bill
> Allard bought their own equipment.
> Jay (Minneapolis)

Most of the "national newspapers" were all Leicas? In what country on
what planet? Were there many shooters who used Leicas, and did some of
the papers insure/replace/or purchase that equipment? Yes. But that's a
far, far, far cry from the statement made.

I may be wrong, but I believe the Geographic's policy used to be - in
the dark ages of my youth - that it would buy the photographers what
ever type of equipment they wanted to use - and many used Leicas for
some of their work.

B. D.

Replies: Reply from "Wilber Jeffcoat" <wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com> (Re: [Leica] FW: Sam Abell's Leica cameras?)