Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Film Dryers
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:29:21 -0800

Here's a cheap DIY I built for my old studio:

It was a tall narrow plywood cabinet on a 2x2 frame - six feet tall, two feet wide and a foot deep.  The front was a hinged door. I lined it with polyethylene sheeting and strung a pair of wires across near the top to hang film from.  I cut vent holes in the top, and bored a two-inch hole in one side near the bottom.  I ran a two-inch hose from the nozzle of a second-hand hair drier in through the hole and stuffed the end of the hose with material from a furnace filter.  Hey presto - 8 rolls of Tri-X dried in less than a half hour, and I also never had dust or waterspot problems.

Paul