Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: HIE
From: leica@rakitzis.com
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 00:26:35 -0800

>Are yours black plastic Byron?

As far as I can tell the darkslides are completely plastic. I think there
is metal in the holder itself. These are standard Riteway(??) holders.

Maco is stocked by B&H. I am trying some of their Ortho film and I'm
curious to know what the IR film is like too. Does the Kodak come in
roll and sheet film sizes also?

The only IR 120 films at B&H are the Konica and Ilford SFX (really
extended red, not true IR) and the Maco which goes to 820nm.

I believe the Kodak film is sensitive at even longer wavelengths, but
maybe someone could shed some light (ha!) on what a true infrared film,
or rather, which film will give the special effects I think we are
looking for in landscape photography.

Byron.