Subject: Re: [Leica] I use UVa filters - when should is it critical to take them off
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 12:27:57 EST

Dans un courrier daté du 01/02/01 17:35:18 Paris, Madrid,
goldframe1@yahoo.com a écrit :

<< I have always used UV'a and Skylight filters on my Nikon gear and now on my
 M's lenses for the last 3 1/2 years.  Last year when I bought the 28mm f2.8
 I immediately put a filter on, went up to Rocky Mountain National Park, in
 Colorado, and exposed a roll.  Yes there were flares and the prints were a
 little washed out.  So.......

 For the user who just can't bear to let nasty contaminants get on the front
 glass - when is it most critical to remove the filter for the best results??

 Thanks - gold

Did you use a shade ? I'd recommend using a shade instead of a filter .
What's amazing is the number of Pro photographers that I see in reports
shooting without shade , and with a filter .
I use shade / no UV combination and never had a flare problem .
In addition , a plastic shade will dampen any shock to your expensive lens
and will also be more protective from rain than a UV filter .
Chears

Jo Goodtimes , France .
airborne radar tech
live free or die