Subject: [Leica] Not Happy with My Results
From: goldframe1@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 10:36:42 -0700

I'm not happy with the overall results that I have been getting from my
prints and/or slides taken with my M.

I shoot color negatives using Reala and am not happy with the results I get
back from the local lab - these folks have been recommended and are for sure
better than the supermarket type processors.  My colors are not what I
expect even two prints from negs taken just seconds apart are printed with a
different cast - usually too cool.

My slides aren't satisfying to me either - I spent the bucks and got a Leica
P300 expecting to get some great results and I'm happy with the colors but
my slides are never flat and the focus is off - I adjust for one area and
the other goes out of sharp focus.  I even ordered the Colorplan P2 CF
(curved field) Leica projector lens, which I'm now using, and it does the
same thing as the Super-Colorplan I ordered first.  I see that Leica now
does not have a CF designated projector lens any more.  I found a guy who
bragged about his $30 K mounting machine that gave the best most rigid
mounts for the slides and I still see the same effect.  I just don't
remember having such disappointing results, back when, with my Nikon shot
slides and Kodak carrousel.

The Leica reps came and did an evening get together for L users in my area
and they showed examples of slides with "new" lenses and such, and slides
people brought in, and folks were saying how fabulous their slides looked
with the L equipment.

Maybe I'm expecting MORE now because I'm looking that much harder - I don't
know.  I'm frustrated!

Any advice - other than a couple of single malts - not that that's bad
advice.

gold  Bo(

Replies: Reply from "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> (Re: [Leica] Not Happy with My Results)