Subject: Re: [Leica] Monterey
From: "Brent Dorsett" <brentd@nyct.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 13:37:47 -0500

> Regarding the 17-mile drive in Monterey (actually Carmel, a bit South of
> Monterey), it's been quite a while since I've been there but I seem to
> remember that they started charging money to drive through there, trying
> to keep the riff-raff (us regular folks) out.  Anyone know if this still
> the case?

Current charge is $7.75. That is good for the day. You can go in and out of
the drive as many times as you wish.I suggest entering from the Pacific
Grove gate and going down to Carmel that way. You can get a excellent lunch
at the Tap Room at Pebble Beach Golf Club. I was photographing there last
week, during and after a major storm. The waves were fabulous. Views are
definitely worth the 7.75. If you're looking for another place for dinner,
try Passion Fish in Pacific Grove. Not too expensive particularly the wine
list which has a lot of very good wines at rock bottom prices.

Brent Dorsett --- NYC