Subject: [Leica] Filters: Since You Asked!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 15:37:59 -0500

At 01:25 PM 2/1/2001 -0500, B. D. Colen wrote:
>If you feel safer using filters all the time, use them. If not using a
>protective filter doesn't worry you, don't use one.

It may drive some of the LUG into apoplectic shock, but allow me to agree
publicly with B.D. on this one.  Absolutely!  Do as you wish.

Me?  I rarely use filters, even with schwarz-weiss emulsions and almost
never with color or chrome.  But the choice is yours.

I am a freak for ultimate optical quality, or I'd not be using Leica (and
Rollei and Hasselblad and Super Ikonta and Praktica and Zorki).  But, to
others, avoiding ALL risk is of prime importance and, as Ted keeps on
keeping on reminding us, taking pictures is what counts.  If the use of a
filter makes you feel comfortable in shooting pictures, then go for it!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!