Subject: [Leica] Jim Brick: Stay-at-Home
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 19:28:47 -0500

At 03:53 PM 2/1/2001 -0800, Jim Brick wrote:
>I was born in Santa Cruz. My dad's business encompassed Santa Cruz,
>Monterey, Carmel, and Salinas so I have spent my 63 years right here.

Bless you, Jim.  THAT is what is wrong with you.  You have NEVER been
outside the State of Horror, that is, California?  Gosh!

I was born in LA, moved East at age 5, West at age 17 and finished high
school in the Bay Area, then moved East for college and have been here ever
since, in a few states (of confusion, as Rabiner would say!)  Trips
occasionally to areas as bizarre as Toronto and New Orleans.

The East has a slew of advantages over the Left Coast, the greatest of them
being an occasional splew of snow to remind us what decent weather can be.
You cannot be alive at 70 degrees.  You positively HUM with life at 10
below ...

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!