Subject: [Leica] Re: Week 5 --- Damian
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 00:32:13 GMT

Ted Grant writes:

> "Damian Dlugolecki week 6."   http://www.teleport.com/~damian/unasemana/
>
> Hi Damian,
> Nice shot! Good potential!  But you don't win the cigar on this one!
>
> You really don't need all the throw away space below his elbows, as it would
> have made a stronger tight horizontal with the little guy taking a bite out
> of his treat, rather than looking down at it and you shooting when his eyes
> were closed! :-(

Well I'm sure all pawers are grateful for Ted's comments, but I think he's
gone a bit soft. Now we know Damian can do better from the earlier images.
This is of course what paw is all about. Putting up even when your output
is "down". This is a missed moment rather than a decisive one. I find the
closed eyes a real distraction, even if there is a 'dreamy' quality to the
kids look. At first glance I had hoped he was praying -- this would have
accounted for the closed eyes.

The project is great, and its so good to see so many images actually being
shared on this group. Afterall, it is a "users" group. Keep them coming.

cheers

Alastair

Message from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Week 5 --- Damian)