Subject: Re: [Leica] Chicago shops
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 22:05:03 EST

In a message dated 2/1/01 6:14:51 PM, C.R.Marshall@uwsp.edu writes:

<< I will be in Chicago next month and I hope to find some time to browse some

camera shops. Any suggestions? >>

C.R.
I would second Alastair Firkin's suggestion of Central Camera, It's about the
last of the old fashioned camera shops in Chicago.  They generally have a
reasonable stock of used Leica M gear-no bargains though.  The 2 largest
stores near downtown are Helix on Racine Street (3 floors of everything from
point and shoots to pro gear), and Calumet on Cherry Street.  It is their
main location in this country and whatever is in the catalog is generally in
stock in the warehouse that adjoins the showroom.  I do most of my shopping
at Calumet as it's on my way to work and the people are nice.  I hope this
helps.
Richard Wasserman

Replies: Reply from "Bill Christensen" <williamc@speedsite.com> (Re: [Leica] Chicago shops)
Reply from firkin@netconnect.com.au ([Leica] Re: Chicago shops)