Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Shutterbabe
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 08:45:30 -0500

> Luggers,
>     After attending the opening reception at the Leica Gallery, last week,
> meeting the author and reading the book, I have come to the conclusion, the
> only reason we are talking about "Shutterbabe" is because of the photograph
> of the M6 (complete with black tape covering the red dot) on the cover.
>     If, it were not for the fact, that I know most of the men mentioned in
> this book I would have found it boring. (FYI- I do not know who the real
> Pascal is.)
>     It reads like some type of warped romance novel than a non-fiction book.
> Besides, nobody gets that "lucky" in the field. OK, well at least I don't.
>     Mrs. Kogan's photographs are at best, OK. The adventures are not that
> adventuresome. I feel I wasted my money on the book. I feel sorry for her
> being used so much by her lovers and her agents.
>     Did anyone out there pick up on the fact, that after four years as a
> Dateline producer, the author would have made all the contacts within the
> publishing and public relations industries to make this book happen?
>     I'd call it the ultimate in "vanity" publishing.
>     As someone much smarter than I said," You can't judge a book by
> itscover."
> Happy Snaps,
> Sal DiMarco, Jr.
> Philadelphia, PA

What everybody needs to remember is that the people who rise to the top are
not always the "best" writer, painter, actor, photographer, film director,
doctor, chief-executive-officer, carpenter, police captain, etc, etc, etc.

 Are the people in life who are the most skilled at marketing themselves.

Steve
Annapolis