Subject: RE: [Leica] VueScan 6.6 query.
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 09:46:39 -0800

Vuescan works the other way around - it can't work as a Photoshop plugin, and it doesn't have TWAIN capability, so what you have to do is set up Vuescan to bring up Photoshop after the image is stored on disk (it's in the help menus).  You run Vuescan, scan the image, and when it's saved Vuescan kicks off Photoshop, and Photoshop loads the image from disk.  Not quite as fast, but it works fine.

And yes, Vuescan is better than any other scanning software I've used, except for its awkward (braindead?) GUI.  For me that includes Silverfast, Polaroid Insight, and Vistascan.  Hamrick is a scanner god.  As we've said before, all he needs is to marry a GUI god, and the package would be unbeatable.

Paul