Subject: Re: [Leica] New Arrival - 75mm Summilux-M
From: "Rob Conley" <rconley@mprc.umaryland.edu>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 16:03:11 -0500

For me, the 75 is great for outdoor 3/4 'walking around' portraits of friends when I travel.  Great isolation of subject from background, beautiful negatives.  I find the effect different than a 50.

good shooting, have fun

Rob

>>> goldframe1@yahoo.com 02/02/01 03:09PM >>>
My new lens just arrived today, a 75mm Summilux-M f1.4, what a beauty!!  See
what hanging around the LUG can do.  Smmooooth as silk - Oh boy!  It's a
departure from the compact Leica lenses that I prefer for normal daytime
photography - its big and heavy.  My normal walking around kit is a 50mm
Elmar f2.8, 35mm Summicron f2.0 and the 90mm Tele-Elmarit f2.8.  Anyhow,
I'll probably finish the half a roll in the camera in short order today and
get some prints back before this evening.  Its exciting.

I'm kind or wondering if I'll use the 75mm in normal daytime outside
situations - it's hard to see (conceptually) where using a 50mm at a wider
aperture wouldn't give a very comparable image??  So here I go to expose
some film and see.

gold