Subject: [Leica] Re: Specks in new Leica Lens
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 14:14:36 -0800

How did you see them? did you shine a flashlight through one end while
looking though the other? Or did you hold the lens up to a bright light?
I'm curious.

One thing being old has taught me is that these things have absolutely no
significance what-so-ever.

If you hold "almost" any lens up to a bright light source, you will find
something in there.

Of course, you can send the 90 back to Leica and have it cleaned. This
means dismantling the lens. I personally would rather ignore it than have
the disassembly and re-assembly cause a problem. Since tiny specs are
insignificant.

Think about it. What kind of tasks do they give the neophyte repair
persons? CLA's. The heavy duty tricky stuff goes to the seasoned old codgers.

IMHO,

Jim

Replies: Reply from "matt" <mahv@xtra.co.nz> (Re: [Leica] Re: Specks in new Leica Lens)