Subject: RE: [Leica] Has anyone read Shutterbabe yet?
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 16:37:37 -0700

 following:

> >> biography instead.
> >>
> >> M.
> >>
> > Now that is an amazing book.
>
> His landscape photography in B&W that he did back in England after his
> career as a war PJ are probably the most hauntingly beautiful I've seen.
> I'll that over the Red Filtered Zone III Sky school of landscape
> photography
> any day.

I used to live very close to where those images were taken, and where he
lives (or lived then) - he certainly captured the area.

And his recent book on India is also hauntingly beautiful.

Did you know he married Marilyn Bridges the aerial photographer, a couple of
years ago or so.

Don has been one of my icons since I met him in Londonderry 20 years ago.

Tim A