Subject: RE: [Leica] RRS B30 M-series camera plate.
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 06:06:08 -0500

Randy,

I use the B9 bi-directional plate, as I have an M-grip that I can't live
without (so the tripod socket is already centered).  The problem with the B9
is that it's a small square on the bottom of the camera that makes it very
likely the camera will tip over if you place it on a table in shooting
position (as I was in the habit of doing; I've trained myself now to always
place it with lens facing up).

I sure wish someone would machine the M-grip to sit in an Arca/RRS-style
clamp.  That would be the ideal mount.

Dan