Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users Group
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 22:29:44 +1100

REnvSci@aol.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was recently trying to obtain more information about Leica Camera's and
> decided to give this group a try. I'm starting to get the impression that
> newbies such as me and my old lllF which I know absolutely nothing about,
> would not be welcome in such a forum.
>
> Understanding that some List Serves are hostile to newbies, I wanted to make
> sure a presence such as mine was welcome.
>
> Den

  Den, you are quite right. newbies  here are if not careful , are eaten alive.
there are plenty of members here who are still burping from fiesting on the last
one, whoever it was, no one knows.
However, there is one way out.  You have to write for the first 20 times  as a
heading on each post you send the following:

Leica is good. Leica ahh, good aah camera ahh. Ve have tze vays and meenz of
makinkl Leica goddd. Leica goodsky camerasky, Reica, velly good ah, so. This
will get you incrementally accepted. Once you managed 20 times, you served your
apprenticeship, and your in.

To be more serious: Welcome, this is a super users group, you can talk just
about everything,
on and of topic. Just like normal humans do. Sometimes you'll find, there are
some complaints about of topic topics. take no notice. these are normally
extremely informative and interesting and stop after a while anyway. However,
should you ever send some mail on an off topic
subject, you'll have to mark it OT. (off Topic). This enables the Lugers to
notice, that it is an off topic subject.  If it is not marked as such, they
would not.

There are also plenty of people on this list ,who have lot of knowledge about
your 3F. Myself included. (One of my best known attributs is my modesty).
Seriously, no matter if screw mount, M, or SLR, there is tons of knowledge about
it. This also includes all the accessories, films and plenty of other brand
cameras.

A good list to be on. Even if it takes a bit of thick skin sometimes.

Regards, Horst Schmidt