Subject: [Leica] Re: Shutterbabe
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@infinex.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 15:40:28 -0800

.  IMO Reitman's politics prevented her from being even remotely objective
about Kogan's book.  This was not a book review, it was a polemic.

It made me want to read "Shutterbabe" more than ever.

Paul

I read it and think it is excellent. Her photographic knowlege and practice
are authentic. She even put black gaffer's tape on her M6!  I did not feel
she was bragging about sexual conquests, rather, sharing her desperation and
loneliness with the reader. She risked her life, did some good work, and got
it out of her system.

How many of us have a secret fantasy of leading that life?

I'm passing the book on to my daughter.

Bill Lawlor