Subject: RE: [Leica] Fw: Photos
From: "Mark Cohen" <markc@binaryfaith.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 15:48:49 -0800

Ken,

Im sure you know this, but you might want to clearify. Tri-X is for most
people not a 400 speed film. For you its 160, for Ansel and others it was
320 or so. Its all about what your meter and shutter, and your development
process sets the film to. For me, Tri-X shot at around 400 (sometimes 320
sometimes 200) developed in HC-110 (Dilution b) for 7.5 minutes @ 68
degrees. Printed in a condencer enlarger for minimum time for maximum black
(rated by taking unexposed, fully developed film and making a test strip in
the enlarger (half in the frame to expose the paper w/o the film in the
shot)

This is for me, 4x5, 120 and 35 the technique I use.

Ofcourse this is Zone System stuff, and doesn't really apply easily to 35mm
where you can't develop each frame seperately.

- -Mark